Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thunderstorms and God

Thunderstorms make me nervous,but on the other hand I love them! I never sleep better than when there is a storm outside.The roll of the thunder and the patter of the raindrops,seem to soothe me in a way I really don't understand. The sounds slowly lull me to sleep. On the other  hand, when I am awake and its storming, I am totally nervous. I jump at ever clap of thunder.. Isn't it crazy how that one thing can have two totally different effects? Sometimes I think that's sorta like our relationship with God. On the one hand we fear Him, fear making him angry, fear the wrath of His punishment, but then we love Him, crave His comfort and peace. Gods love is like a parents, I think. When we go through those rough spots, He is always there for us, but maybe not in the way we expect. Looking on my past, I see the lessons I have learned, the stronger I got, was through  the rough spots. God used those times to make me  into the person He  wants me to be, and hopefully into the person He can use! God never gives you more than you can handle,as many times as I have heard this  I believe it. The times I didn't think I could handle one more thing, I always got a break..The more I turned to Him, the more at peace I felt. As I get older, I see that we should not be afraid of God but strive to draw closer to Him. He is the potter we are the clay, next time there is a rough spot of yours pray hard, and keep your faith, then when you get to the other side, take a good look at yourself, see what you have gained from the experience! You might be surprised!0

No comments:

Post a Comment