Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter week end

 I had a really wonderful Easter ! We got up and went to sunrise service at Saint Andrews church , where my sister and parents go,and we had an amazing breakfast afterwards! Then we came home did some last minute preparations for the cookout .. Even with the weather, on again off again rain, it turned out really well!  The food was great the people were wonderful and I really enjoyed myself. Afterward   Mom got to see her ballgame and we had a fire in the fire pit ,Dad,and Hollie,Catie,Jonathan,Ric,and Ryan were there..it was so nice and relaxing!  Shannon , Chris and the kids were the only thing missing, I cannot wait til we have them all here too! When we all are together,I always love it, its truly the best way for me to spend my time.    I think everyone really enjoyed it. This is the first time I went in to a get together without as much stress.. and it was the best time I have had in a long time, I have proven to myself attitude is everything,lol. Most of the time we get together  I get so stressed trying to make sure everything is clean, the food is just right, and everything's getting done.. I don't have time to focus on  visiting and talking with everyone. This time I made a decision ,to really relax and visit with my family ,even if everything wasn't just right , and I am glad I did, things went better, and I think overall everyone enjoyed it more! After most everyone was gone, I was talking to Mom and she wants to get together, more often than just holiday,just simplify things a bit. I love the idea,I love the fact we are close, and I agree we don't make enough of an effort to see each other unless its a holiday! I hope everyone had a great Easter, and that we all remember what we were celebrating! He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment