Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring week-ends

  Wow ! Its been a great week-end! Today, what an awesome day! It was absolutely gorgeous!  I love this time of year, and I am  so ready for a camping trip! This is one of those days where it would be crazy to stay inside.Saturday I worked, then we went to Fayetteville and helped with a cook-out for the homeless. It went terrific and they all really seemed to enjoy it, we had a DJ and great food and it was really nice.Then we went to Sweet Frog's had some tasty frozen yogurt with some good friends !Tonight, we cooked out for supper, planted some stuff and helped moved some furniture.!
 On the down side, something got one of our younger chickens, we have 2 that keep escaping the smaller holding coop,the one where we keep them until we put them together with the adult ones. When Ric saw they were out and got his shoes on to put them back,one was gone! We think it was another hawk, they fly around looking for a loose one, and this is the second one they have gotten this year! I think i am going to go on and try to integrate the smaller ones in with the big ones to keep them safe. I hate losing them!
  I wish the week-ends were longer, I have so much I want to do , and try to cram in everything on Saturdays after work and Sundays ,but I never get it all done!Tomorrow will be another busy day at work,but I am thankful I have a job,and I really don't mind it , especially this time of year!Its nice to be out, with the jeep window down, a nice breeze and meeting all sorts of people. Things could be a  lot worse,working with the homeless this week end made me realize how thankful I am for the way things are in my life. When you see people who are homeless, or have no idea where the next meal is coming from because all their money went to bills to keep a roof and electricity..it makes you REALLY appreciate what you have!So remember trials make you stronger, and someone always has a worse situation then you do! Smile and make people wonder what your up too!Night..

1 comment:

  1. we worked at the bread basket last Christmas...I know what you mean be thankful!

    ReplyDelete