My journey into a more self-sufficient, homesteading lifestyle. And discovering myself and my faith along the way.
My Blog List
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Fathers Day
Today is a special day, its Fathers Day! I was very blessed to have an awesome Dad who taught me a lot of things.He was a very hard working blue collar worker, who put in a lot of hours to support his family. He has taught me the importance of being a reliable, honest, hardworking person.He has strong beliefs and stands by them solidly. His faith is something that is unshakable, and I have learned through him that God is always there and will always provide if you only have faith and follow Him.. I have always been able to talk to my father, and I still go to him today if I need advice or encouragement. He has never beat around the bush and you never ask him what he thinks if you really do not want to know! He gave me his love for camping , and I have some fond memories of those days when we all went. I am blessed to have him as such a great example to my sons Ric and Ryan. It has not been until I have gotten older that I have realized how blessed my sisters and I are to have him for a dad. Growing up I took him for granted , all fathers were the same, providers for their family,stern disciplinarians, and a great listener, but now I know that is not true. It is a shame some dads are not there for their children , some dads love seem almost conditional, and that's a shame. We need more good examples for our boys! I see friends and my children's friends who do not have good relationships with their fathers. My heart breaks for them. I pray they have a man in their lives for a father figure who is stable and will give them the guidance, support,encouragement and the love they need!So, to my Dad, thank you for everything, I love and respect you so much!! You are an awesome person! To all the men out there who are fathers, or a father figure to someone.. Happy Fathers Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment