Wow! I haven't done this in awhile,but here it goes..lol.. It is surprising how time and age can change a person.God has blessed me with some truly compassionate loving people at this place in my life. So many years I have gone through life, worrying about getting by, or judging others and their motives, wishing for a better house,more money,or things. I have wondered "why me?" or "why not me?" I have lived with jealous over what others have, anger over others different viewpoints, and overall dissatisfaction and unhappiness. Now?..I see things so much differently,the injustice saddens me, the incorrect judgement of others, the holier than thou attitudes..but you know what?.. that was me!! Now , I just want to help others, to make others lives just a little bit better,a little easier,..who am I to whine over not having money to go , say see a movie, or get a new outfit, when there are those who do not have the money for a coat to keep out the cold, or food to take away the hunger pains, or for a shelter to get out of the rain or snow. How selfish is it of me to witch about my long hours at work, or the stain on the carpet ,when there are those who haven't got a job, or a change of clothes.
Proverbs 22: 2 says" Rich and poor have this in common The Lord is the Maker of them all." Do we forget that? What makes us feel like some are made better than others, more deserving then others? We are told to take care of the poor , the fatherless, the widows, so why do we make excuses? Have you ever gone to another door in a store to avoid the bell ringer or changed the side of the street when we see a homeless man wandering down the sidewalk? What would it hurt to throw in a little money, give a homeless man a coat and a hot meal, in this generation of me first attitudes , we need to reconsider! If you want to appreciate what you have , and what you circumstances are , volunteer, help feed the homeless, hand out coats and gloves, pick an angel off the angel tree.. there are so many hurting, lonely, needy folks in this world.. show some compassion!
People say, there is too much of the hurting and the poor , there is nothing I can do to make a difference to them all , and you know what they would be right, but you CAN make a difference to some of them! You feed one who is hungry, clothe one who is naked,show love to someone who feels unloved, then you ARE making a difference in THAT individuals life!
Christmas is so commercialized, it is all about what we get , what we have to buy , do we have enough money for the decorations, the food, the gifts, but that is not what it is about! Why not try to help someone who needs it this year? Why not start a new tradition, be a secret Santa, or gather coats you do not need and give to those who are cold, give food to the food pantry so those who have to chose between paying the rent or electric bill or groceries, will have a meal on the table for their family this Christmas! Don't broadcast it, do it quietly, anonymously .. I can promise you, it will give you more of the Christmas spirit than all the baking, shopping and opening presents combined.Next time you feel like , I need a new outfit, or why cant I have a bigger, house , or nicer car.. think of those who do not have at all.. The rich are not those who own more.. they are those who love more! Just some thought on my mind lately...
No comments:
Post a Comment