Monday, March 11, 2013

Productive Day

Our Greenhouse
 Today has been a really great day.The weather was great and we worked outside. We transplanted our plants and planted, lettuce, cabbage, peas, onions, broccoli, carrots, spinach and a lot of fresh herbs, basil, cilantro, parsley, oregano, dill and a few more..We planted lettuce in the cold frame..built a second cold frame and plan on putting strawberries in it Friday
Our first cold frame..lettuce is in here











. We gathered the eggs and cleaned the pen a bit.. Ric made our chicken coop out of old pallets ..it did not cost anything but the nails to put it together, we used an old dog fence for the yard and it works great! We have 6 more chicks to add before long.. we will have  to integrate them so they all get along..but when they start laying we will have PLENTY of eggs to share!

Nesting box made of an old bookshelf
Chicken coop










  We also finished up a Bible devotion on debt we were doing, it was very informative and helpful..I guess we will pick a new topic for tomorrows devotion..We are reading the Bible all the way through as a family as well and it has really been a good thing for us all! We are accountable to each other.. so we don"t put it off..its great!  I think we all have deepened our faith through this..
  We have decided to try a little experiment.. one day a week..it will be Wednesday"s, we are giving up all electronics..no television,no facebook, nothing..I think we all have gotten way to depended on them, we even read on our Kindles electronic books! So Wednesdays I will post the days blog on Thursday mornings! i will be sure to let you know how it goes.It will be very interesting ..I am not sure Catie and Ric are as excited about it as I am though!
 Well its been a long day.. and tomorrow is another one..I will leave you with this thought..you can wait for something to happen to make your life better,or you can make it better yourself!!



The Prince with Snow White and Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment