Sunday, March 10, 2013

Contentment

  Good morning! What a great day! Its so nice to wake up with birds chirping outside your window! Yesterday was so busy I didn't get a chance to write, but we got a lot accomplished! We filled in the cold frame and went and got a small greenhouse and we set it up I cannot wait to start planting! We laid out where everything will go in the yard, bees, goats, garden etc. Tonight we are going to light the fire pit and roast some marshmallows  We built it out of rocks and its my favorite way to unwind in spring and fall!. I really cannot wait when we have friends and family come over and hang out and chat by the fire, nothings better!
Our fire pit
  I think writing is therapeutic, I am not that great at it, lol, my daughter, +Catie, edits it for me, but I feel so good about putting it all down. You know the Bible says we should be content with what we have, not to be envious of what others have, we should be happy for them. For a long time, I would always want more, thinking I needed more and would wonder why someone else has something I needed. The Bible also tells us however, God won't give us more to manage, if we can't manage what we have. Well, I definitely fall in THAT category! However, I am working on it , paying off all i can and you know, I have never been more content with what I have in my life. I love where I live, and yes I really need a lot of work done to this old trailer, including a roof, and other stuff; but I do have a place to live, doing work with the homeless  through an awesome group called  " Scarf it Up" has helped me so much to be thankful with what God has given me! I cannot imagine having nowhere to go on these cold nights, in snow and rain. God bless those people!  I love the peacefulness here and really do thank God for being here. I don't think I could move if I did have the chance, even in a better house...lol..
   Well off to start the day, I will try to post tonight on our day. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment